Friday, May 30, 2008

PLEASE....

I saw something on the newspapers today which got me raging in fire. Our beloved Deputy Prime Minister said that it is our goal to have zero death toll for our national service. That is a good news... wait a minute... u mean there is death in our national service??? U kidding me?? i mean, where are we sending our boys and girls? gulf war? Firstly, there should not even be any death at all for our national service. What went wrong here? bad food? unsafe environment? or simple just bad management??

I am not trying to be anti-govt here. But we are talking someone's son, someone's daughter, someone's brother, someone's sister!so the duty of care should be above and beyond. I feel so sick to read any news abt a child loosing his life during national service. And when i thought about my 18 year old brother... it got me even more sick to my stomach!

Please... i pledge our govt. I mean, i do agree with national service concept. But please, exercise it with caution, extreme caution. Every little life we loose along the way, is a regret that we can never remedy. Please...

No comments: