Monday, December 3, 2007

they have no wings

Monday.

9 am(weather was hot, hot , hot) (KL)

It was awfully early for someone that is unemployed, but i need to go to Bar Council to sort out my Practising Cert for next year. Basically, my former firm applied for my next year PC, even though i gave them specific instruction not to do so. The reason being that i yet any intention to practise next year. As a result of that, they took out RM800 out from my last month salary.

Obviously, my not so helpful ex firm is not gonna help me to get those money back, so i decided to go to Bar Council to enquire whether was there any possibilities for refund. I was told, ' No way!"... ok, wasnt at that tone, but the effect on me was the same!!

10am (was still hot hot hot... ) (Puduraya)

so, being very upset abt the whole PC thing, i still need to go to puduraya to get a bus back to JB. so i went there, and it was all another fiasco. Long story short, i was not given the kind of sit and bus that i paid for, instead i was stuffed in a horrible public bus look alike thing, which filled with weird characters. hell no i was gonna take that bus! so i went out of the bus, n argued with the ticketing people, which of coz, was no help, as they was so mean and rude. And to top it all, i was crying! yes, i cant believe also, but the tears was rolling out, like i was in some bloody soap opera. Have u ever got this feeling where u actually dont plan to cry, but the tears just fall, u cant control, its like the eyes have the mind of its own!

anyway, then there was this young Chinese man, which works for another bus company, happens to be there, n heard the argument, and where he was kind enough to help me to get my refund back from the previous bus company, and put me in his bus, which is the exact kind that i wanted ( and yes, i was still tearing). and before he left he came up to my place, n asked me am i ok. Wow! havent heard anyone asking me that for quite sometime! Being a 26 years old adult living alone in a city, first time i felt like a kid.

11 am ( cold air-con air) ( somewhere along KL-Seremban highway)

so i was sitting in the bus, on a comfy sit, then it hit me! oh my goodness! i cried in front of strangers in a public place!! wat the....

i suppose it was just the over whelming feeling i had at that time. just felt defeated and was alone n no one to talk to ( as everyone was either still sleeping or working, but special thanks to ash!!). Then it just suddenly break out.

But i was thankful that Chinese guy was there. U know, when i was a kid, i read this line before, ' God cant be with us everyday, that's why He created Angel" i know its cheesy n maybe even cliche. But at least at that point that was what i felt. i was grateful. suddenly, i was not so upset anymore abt the RM800, abt the stupid bus. It was just great to find small little kindness in people, it makes me happy.

3.30 pm ( hot) (Home - JB)

Finally home. my ex-boss asked me yesterday, wat's so good abt JB? y do i want to go back? i said, " no matter how bad it is, its still home."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well said.